Workshop "Curriculum Deveopment" on 5th of September 13:30 - 16:30
On 5th of September 2017 the workshop „Curriculum Development“ took place at EMU main building (Kreutzwaldi 1, room 104). Workshop was organized by EMU in cooperation with the University of Sheffield. The workshop was conducted by Professor Michelle Marshall from the University of Sheffield. She is a Director of Learning and Teaching in the Academic Unit of Medical Education of the Medical School in the University of Sheffield. More information about Prof. Marshall may be found here:
The content of the training was mostly about the pedagogy/theory of learning and teaching as well as practical approaches to developing and delivering teaching and educational activities. The topics that were included in the training: engaging with stakeholders, setting aims and objectives, course design, approaches to teaching, assessment and evaluation. There were also discussed following themes:
* Different teaching and learning approaches - how to find a good balance?
* Is there any space for e-learning in medical curriculum?
* Student engagement – how to motivate students for the independent learning and improvement of practical skills?
* Feedback in curriculum development
* Transferable skills – should we address them in the medical/veterinary curriculum?
The training was conducted in the frames of Horizon 2020 project SEARMET.
Slides from the meeting as well as video record of the lecture will be available soon.
If you have any questions, please contact SEARMET project assistant Hemminki Otstavel (email@example.com, +372 56354033)