Seminar "Technology Transfer and patenting. Experiences and practices of Copenhagen University."
On 19th of September 2017 a seminar "Technology Transfer and patenting. Experiences and practices of Copenhagen University" took place in EMU Assembly Hall. Seminar was organized by Estonian University of Life Sciences in cooperation with the University of Copenhagen. Niels Lysholm Engelhard from UCPH Tech Trans Office conduced a seminar where following topics were discussed:
· Introduction to technology transfer (history, what is in it for the researchers, and other stakeholders?)
· Intellectual property rights with special focus on patent rights
· Patent strategy
· What is a patent?
· The route from a patent application to a granted patent
· The use of patent literature as a resource for the researchers
· How to carry an assessment of an invention?
· The commercialization process
· How to identify potential commercial partners?
· Different strategies to maximize the value from IP
· Licensing strategies and negotiation of license agreements.
The sessions included different tools and practical examples from the University of Copenhagen.
Seminar was organized in the framework of H2020 SEARMET project.